School and Educational Institution Records
Note: Access restrictions apply to personal records that are less than 100 years old.
1. National Schools
National / primary schools collections mainly contain clár leabhair (registers) and leabhair rollaí (roll books) concerning, respectively, the registration and the daily attendance of pupils; and also smaller amounts of other records such as daily attendance statistical report books and inspectors books. Items older that 100 years open for general research. Regarding access to school records less than 100 years old, contact the Archivist.
- Aughadown National School (CI) near Skibbereen, West Cork, 1897-
- Ballyphehane National School, Cork City, 1959-
- Blackpool National School, Cork City, 1869-
- Cathedral National School, Cork City, 1925-
- Clogheen/Kerry Pike National School, Cork, 1884-
- Cork District Model National School, Anglesea Street Cork City, 1865-, see descriptive list: NS/MS List
- Cork Poor Law Union (Workhouse) National School (Male), Douglas Rd. Cork City, 1873-
- Crosshaven and Myrtleville National School, 1854-
- Dromina National School, Charleville, North Cork, 1872-
- Glanmire National School, (CI) near Cork City 1869-
- Inch No.2 National School, (CI) near Whitegate, East Cork, 1869-
- Kilmalooda National School, (CI) near Ballinascarthy, West Cork, 1904-
- Meenies National School, (CI) near Drimoleague, West Cork, 1871-
- Slievereagh/St.Michael's National School, near Ballyvourney, West Cork (1867) 1886-
- Shandrum National School, Newtownshandrum, near Charleville, North Cork, 1854-
- St.Luke's National School, (CI) Cork City, 1887-
- St.Michaels National School, (CI) Blackrock, Cork City, 1866-
- St.Nicholas National School (CI), Cove Street, Cork City, 1905-
- Summerhill National School, (Presb.) Cork City, 1940s-
- Templebreedy National School, near Crosshaven, South Cork, 1880-
- Trimbaths Lane National School, off Cathedral Rd, Cork City, 1914-
(Those marked '(CI)' are/were managed by the Church of Ireland/Anglican community, the remainder are mainly managed by the Roman Catholic Church).
2. Other School and Educational Institution Records
- Buckingham House School, Protestant Charity School, 1891 - 1971
- City of Cork Vocational Education Committee (V.E.C.) including the precursor body, Crawford Technical Institute, and including items relating to the old School of Art, old School of Music and old School of Design / School of Science, 1849-1981.
- Vocational Education Committee of County Cork, Minutes of meetings, 1903-1974
- Munster Dairy School, 1882 - 1980
- Passage West V.E.C. Minute Book, 1926-1976
- Rochelle Girls Secondary School, Blackrock, Cork, c.1900 - 1990
- St. Finbarr's Industrial School, Sunday's Well, Cork, Register of Baptisms c.1917-c. 1968
- St Stephen's Hospital (Blue Coat Hospital), Protestant boys charity school, 1699-1916 SM53 List
3. Some Other Collections relating to Education/Schools
- School practice books, from Moore family, Midleton, 1837 and 1838
- School report books in Denny Lane collection (Ref. U.611) relating to Porter and Hamblins school, South Mall, 1830's.
- Christ Church Schools and Alms House, Cork. Copy of Vestry Committee Minutes Apr 1850 - Jan 1855 mainly relating to building works and Christ Church lane School. Also list of services, meetings and lectures held in Christ Church Parochial School Room from Easter, 14 Apr 1879.
- Cork Corporation School Attendance Committee, Minute Books
- Cork Corporation files relating to school and university scholarships, school meals, school attendance.